Tuesday, October 11, 2011

EMT-Basic Student Ride Along Experiences

It’s the beginning of the semester of EMT-school. I know very little about emergency care and am barely learning about all the gooshy stuff we have in our bodies. It’s time to sign up for ride alongs with our county Paramedic service and local fire departments.

Myself as well as my fellow students are most excited about riding with the paramedic service, since that is most of our goals for the future, we have little interest in riding with the fire department either because the majority of the students are already firefighters or in my case, not looking to be a fire fighter so what’s the point of riding with them right?

I first sign up with our county paramedic service for about a month out.  I think, “Ok 1 month should be enough time to figure things out and I should be able to know exactly what I’m doing when I ride with the ambulance! Great looking forward to it!”

Next I sign up with two local fire departments. One of which is a fire department where most of my fellow students, my new friends, work. I think, “Awesome, these guys are super cool so I’m sure the other guys on the crew are just as awesome. Yeah, I guess I’m looking forward to it.”

The next fire department I sign up for is our larger city fire department so they cover a good chunk of land so I figure we should go on some good calls with them.

To fully discuss my ride alongs I will do them in separate posts. These will follow this post…



No comments:

Post a Comment